Job title: Estimator
Responsible to: Department Manager
Main purpose of job:
Use experience and knowledge to provide detailed estimates for client projects. Maintain existing client contracts and seek out new clients and estimating opportunities.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors, subcontractors and other third parties.
- Establish clients’ needs and project requirements
- Actively seek new opportunities from within our existing client base
- Review and evaluate all specifications and enquiries for completeness and accuracy.
- Administrate correspondence and documentation throughout the supply chain.
- Organise and attend site visits with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Research materials, labour, and equipment costs
- Obtain quotes for all requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Participate in project meetings
- Review and evaluate all project costs and provide a complete price submission.
- Assess the levels of business risk on each project.
- Assess and provide all associated evidence to the highest standard and in line with the requirements specified within each enquiry
- Compile and provide detailed handover information for all successful bids to the Operations team
- Monitor the various stages of all successful bids to ensure costs are kept in line with the forecast
- Make use of relevant computer software (CLIK,Simpro,Excel)
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Adhere to company standards, processes and procedures
- Assess and adhere to health & safety requirements
- Maintain relationships with clients keeping a sales-minded attitude
01752 724093 or send your CV to: [email protected]